To honor Bill Paxton, the star of Twister who died on Saturday, close to 200 storm chasers used GPS coordinates to spell out his initials on a map showing Oklahoma’s stretch of Tornado Alley.
The Spotter Network came up with the tribute on Sunday, with its president, John Wetter, saying the group has done this for a handful of chasers, but never for someone not in the field.
In Twister, Paxton famously played a storm chaser researching tornadoes in Oklahoma. The National Weather Service also remembered Paxton, tweeting that Twister was “an inspiration to many budding meteorologists over the last 20 years. Thank you, Bill Paxton, a.k.a. Bill ‘The Extreme’ Harding.”
Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers has apologized for the Best Picture mix-up at the Academy Awards. Their statement reads: “We sincerely apologize to Moonlight, La La Land, Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Oscar viewers for the error that was made during the award announcement for Best Picture. The presenters had mistakenly been given the wrong category envelope and when discovered, was immediately corrected. We are currently investigating how this could have happened, and deeply regret that this occurred.” The La La Land cast and crew were in the midst of their acceptance speech when the mistake was revealed...
In a few simple steps, YourGOV users can submit common issues — such as potholes, vandalism, street light outages and more — complete with location, details and photos. Once submitted, YourGOV will automatically deliver requests to the West Fargo public works department where they are reviewed and routed for proper handling. YourGOV is being offered free of charge and is available for immediate use.
There's such a fine line between "elder abuse" and "now this guy can die happy."
There's a 26-year-old woman named Brittany Fultz, and she was an employee at a nursing home in Sandusky, Ohio last year. And in December, she gave a LAP DANCE to a 100-YEAR-OLD resident.
It was a legit one too. She grinded on him and showed him her breasts and butt.
Another one of the employees filmed her doing it, and earlier this month, their bosses found out about the video and watched it.
And now, both Brittany and the person who filmed her have been fired . . . and Brittany is facing charges of gross sexual imposition.
Brittany told them it was a PRANK to try to make the man feel good. And her attorney says that even though he's 100 and he has dementia, he had the capacity to say no . . . and he most certainly didn't.
Everyone knows your fingerprints and DNA are unique. But here are seven OTHER things about you that are slightly different than everyone else. Or at least unique enough to identify you with . . .
1. Your ears. Forensic scientists can use imaging software to scan them, and tell who you are with over 99% accuracy. You might eventually be able to unlock your phone by just raising it to your ear.
2. Your body odor. The Army figured out how to I.D. people by using thermal imaging to analyze 44 different compounds your body gives off. And last year, researchers in Japan were able to identify people from their body odor using A.I.
3. Your butt. Specifically, the way you sit. Researchers in Japan invented a pressure-sensitive pad with 360 sensors that can identify you.
It analyzes the shape of your butt . . . how much you slouch . . . and how your weight is distributed. They think it might be useful in cars as an anti-theft device.
4. The way you walk. It's hard to tell just by looking at someone. But computers can identify you by analyzing your stride. And it's even easier if you're running.
5. Your skull. The shape of it and how thick it is both affect how it reacts to vibrations. Researchers can basically blast your skull with sound waves . . . analyze how they bounce off . . . and I.D. you with 97% accuracy.
6. Your fingernails. Researchers in India have figured out how to identify people by looking at the tiny ridges and contours in their fingernails. They claim they can even do it if you have nail polish on.
7. The pores on your nose. They don't really change much as you get older. Researchers in China and Japan recently found they could I.D. people with 88% accuracy, just by analyzing the layout of their nose pores.
The force is with the cast of the untitled Star Wars Han Solo spinoff. Disney released the first photo of the cast this morning on Twitter, writing: “Han Solo – Smuggler. Scoundrel. Hero. A new Star Wars Story begins.” The photo includes Alden Ehrenreich (Han Solo), Donald Glover (Lando Calrissian), Woody Harrelson (Han Solo’s mentor), Joonas Suotamo (Chewbacca), Emilia Clarke and Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller also grace the shot. The film is set to hit theaters May 25th, 2018
A Russian model has been criticized for a dramatic photoshoot in which she hangs off a Dubai skyscraper. Viki Odintcova was held by a male assistant's hand as she leans out from the 1000ft building backwards.
She posted the video and pictures on her Instagram account to her more than three million followers. The 22-year-old model wrote: “I still can’t believe I did it. Every time I watch the video my palms go sweaty.” However, many of her fans were unimpressed, describing the at as "reckless".
Personal comment : I am happy about my life when it comes to women (impossible not to be when living in Colombia) but damn, that one.. Would fuck her to death. Literally. Who cares about her brain?
The moment Russian model Viki Odintcova risks her life in daredevil Dubai photoshoot
She posted the video and pictures on her Instagram account to her more than three million followers.
The 22-year-old model wrote: “I still can’t believe I did it. Every time I watch the video my palms go sweaty.”
However, many of her fans were unimpressed, describing the act as "reckless".
“How can you disregard your life like that?" one comment stated. “If I was your parent I would smack both you and the guy with the beard!”A Russian model has been criticised for a dramatic photoshoot in which she hangs off a Dubai skyscraper.
If you have trouble falling asleep, try YouTube. Specifically, search for “whisper therapy” or “whisper relaxing.” You’ll get videos of pleasant sounds, including a woman’s voice speaking softly. It’s called ASMR, or autonomous sensory meridian response, and it’s the tranquil feeling you get when you hear a pleasing sound. DailyMailOnline says millions are using it to help them sleep.
Television personality Lisa Rinna stripped down for a nude selfie Sunday. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star and two-time Playboy cover model shared a naked photo on Instagram following news the magazine will again feature nudity. “It’s back. I got scared then I said I’m 53 – zero [expletive] given! Cheers to @playboy for going back to nudes,” Rinna captioned the snapshot. “The female body is so beautiful, every size and every age. Be proud! #thefemalebodyisbeautiful #allshapesandsizes #loveyourself #loveyourbody,” she added. Rinna first posed for Playboy in 1998 while six months pregnant with her daughter Delilah. She later appeared on the magazine’s May 2009 cover after competing on the ABC series Dancing with the Stars.
A personal telephone that was used by Adolf Hitler in vehicles and trains and at his field headquarters was sold at auction yesterday (February 19th) for $243,000. The red phone sold by Alexander Historical Auctions includes a Nazi party symbol and Hitler's name engraved on the back. A British officer was given the phone by occupying Russian officers during a visit to Hitler's Berlin bunker.
Matt Damon goes to China looking for the secret of black powder and stumbles across a war against dragon-like creatures that rise up every 60 years to feed on people. It's directed by the guy who did "House of Flying Daggers".
Pedro Pascal from "Game of Thrones" is a fellow mercenary who helps Matt fight the creatures, and William Dafoe is a white guy already being held prisoner by the Wall's guardians.
Their sexy Chinese co-star Jing Tian is just starting to make a name for herself here.
She'll also be in next month's "Kong: Skull Island" and next year's "Pacific Rim" sequel.
It's teacher on teacher violence in this comedy where Ice Cube challenges Charlie Day from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" to a fight after he rats Cube out to the principal to try to save his own job from budget cuts.
Dean Norris from "Breaking Bad" is the principal. Christina Hendricks is a hot French teacher, Jillian Bell from "Workaholics" plays a meth head guidance counselor and, and Tracy Morgan is the football coach in is his first movie since his accident.
(CAREFUL!!! Trailer 1 has a cat-like P-word at the 1:21 mark and Trailer 2 has uncensored S-words at 0:38, 1:37, and 2:03. What the hell are you thinking Warner Brothers??? Keep the profanity out of my Green Band trailers!)
Dane DeHaan plays a young executive sent to retrieve his company's CEO from a mysterious "wellness center" in the Alps. But when he tries to leave, he's in a car accident that leaves him trapped as an involuntary patient at the clinic with a broken leg.
Jason Isaacs from the "Harry Potter" movies is the sinister doctor running the place. You'd remember Dane as Harry Osborn in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2", or as the heroic roadie from "Metallica Through the Never".
The voters have spoken and Monopoly is losing its iconic thimble game piece. The thimble has been a Monopoly game token since 1935, but it was voted out as part of a worldwide contest by gamemaker Hasbro to choose the eight new tokens to be included in the next generation of the classic game. The winners for the new game pieces will be announced next month.
Curious! While no one can deny that Kate Upton looks gorgeous on the cover of the Sport's Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, many are pointing out an unusual feature: she isn't actually wearing swimwear.
Upton is splashed across all three covers of the Swimsuit Issue, and while she is photographed next to water in decidedly skimpy attire, none of it appears seaworthy. One Twitter user points out, "But 3 covers of a swimsuit issue and only one half of a swimsuit in total, got me."
Another tweets: "Happy that Kate Upton is the SI Swimsuit cover model but it's funny that of 3 cover photos, not one is an actual swimsuit you could wear."
Perez Hilton breaks it down, writing: "One cover (above) has her topless with her bottom half clad in a bunch of necklaces, basically. A second cover features her in a bunch of string made to resemble a maillot, while a third one finally has her in honest-to-God bikini bottoms and a long-sleeved embellished top."
This is Upton's third time as cover model of the coveted Swimsuit Issue.
Guess you can't please everyone! But really … does anyone pick up the Swimsuit Issue for tips on swimwear?
When you were a little girl, lying in bed, dreaming of your wedding one day, did you picture yourself surrounded by gordita supremes, cinnamon twists, and giant cups of Mountain Dew? If so, your fairytale could come true.
TACO BELL is running a new contest where you can get married . . . at Taco Bell. Now, it's not just any Taco Bell. It's a "fancier" one in Las Vegas, and it's actually got a classic Vegas wedding chapel inside.
To enter the contest, just post a photo or video on Twitter or Instagram about, quote, "Taco Bell's role in your love story" and use the hashtag #LoveAndTacosContest. You'll win a trip for six to Vegas, catered dinner at Taco Bell, and more.
t's easy to mistaken a taquito for a cigar, right? A high school senior from Overland Park, Kansas was driving around her neighborhood while eating a taquito when her neighbor, who is the mother of the children Sarah babysits, texted her. She wrote, "Hey sweetie it's Amy! Randy was out mowing when he said he noticed you drive past smoking a cigar of some sort. A lot of children live on the street so I will speak on their behalf and request you keep your habits private from the kids." Sarah took a selfie with her taquito and wrote back, "hey! It was just a taquito! No bad habits here" with a smiling emoji with a sweat drop. When she posted the exchange on Twitter, it quickly went viral. (Elite Daily)
Your ex is your ex for a reason, and now science confirms it's best not to stalk him or her via social media after you split. Kansas State University researcher Joyce Baptist says, "Social media can enhance romantic relationships when it's used to stay in touch throughout the day or honor your partner's achievements, but there are pitfalls to avoid that could damage the relationship." Researchers looked at 7,000 couples who used social media, and found those who were more open to "boundary crossing," or keeping lines of communication open with a previous flings or attractive people, tended to have more problems in their relationships. Baptist says to avoid the issue couples should talk about boundaries and guidelines as far as staying in touch with exes, and adds, "If you are serious about your relationship, cut off those ties." (Elite Daily)
A heroic dog took a bullet for his best friend, and survived. The incident occurred when the man and his dog were approached by three muggers during a 4 a.m. walk in Brooklyn. The dog yelped, and one of the muggers shot him in the back before grabbing the man’s cellphone and running. The dog made it to the ASPCA, where a vet removed the bullet and handed it over to the police to aid their investigation.
"GQ" talked to a bunch of florists about how clueless guys are when it comes to buying flowers. Here are five ways they screw it up . . .
1. Waiting until the last minute. If you do, there might not be much to choose from at flower shops. Or you'll end up buying a cheap bouquet at the grocery store. Which is still better than nothing. Just figure out what you're doing today, not tomorrow.
2. Not asking for help. If you don't know what kind of flowers to get, ask the florist for suggestions, and tell them what you can spend. Don't be timid about it. They deal with clueless guys constantly.
3. Always buying roses. They're a safe bet, so that's why guys do it. But lots of other flowers are good for Valentine's Day too, like orchids. Again, ask for help if you need it.
4. Choosing colors that aren't romantic enough. Guys tend to be drawn to really bright colors, like yellow and orange. But darker, more neutral colors are the way to go for something like Valentine's Day.
5. Revealing them in a boring way. Don't leave them in plastic and put them on the table. At least put them in a vase first. Or send them to her at work, so she can brag.
According to a florist in New York, the one boring thing you CAN get away with is hiding them behind your back with one hand. Women love that for some reason.
Celebrities are reacting to Donald Trump slamming Nordstrom in support of his daughter Ivanka Trump. Nordstrom recently announced it will no longer carry the Ivanka Trump Collection, putting the blame on the line’s alleged poor performance. Others, however, have suggested that the company broke ties over Trump’s controversial presidency. Now the president himself is firing back. “My daughter Ivanka has been treated so unfairly by @Nordstrom. She is a great person – always pushing me to do the right thing! Terrible!” he tweeted Wednesday morning.
But it seems his attack backfired. Nordstrom’s stock rose following his combative tweet and an army of celebrities dropped a huge chunk of change in support of Nordstrom’s decision.
Meanwhile, Tyra Banks and Jessica Alba both had their brands, Tyra Beauty and The Honest Company, respectively, featured on the Trump-produced show, The New Celebrity Apprentice this season. But both have since released statements saying they won’t sponsor or work with the show again.
TOM BRADY is doing an autograph signing event with a memorabilia company next month, and it's really only for hardcore collectors . . . because the prices are pretty outrageous.
For example, he'll sign a football for $1,000 . . . or a "game-day style jersey" for $1,200. Of course, you can't actually buy the jersey he wore during the Super Bowl . . . because it's still M.I.A. And also, you'd need to be OPRAH for that to be in your price range.
Brady will sign a photo for $850 . . . and if you want him to add "5x SB Champ," that'll cost you an extra $400. And he'll also add a 20-character personalization for an additional $500.
So for $1,750, you can get an autographed photo that says 'To Matt Ryan, Love Tom Brady, 5x SB Champ.'
Or for $1,500, you can theoretically get a signed football that says 'Check the inflation. -Tom Brady.' And that just might be worth it.
This should help you stick to your diet. A 16-year-old named Tia Neylan was about to enjoy a delicious pizza when she spotted some kind of insect emerging from the crust. The girl, form Stockton in England, said she threw up upon seeing the bug crawling out of her dinner, which she had ordered from Express Pizzeria in Norton. Tia sent out a clip of the flailing bug on Snapchat and posted it to Facebook as well. However, the owner of the pizzeria, which was once given a one star out of five hygiene score by the local council, believes the clip is a fake. Some viewers on Facebook point out the bug would not have survived being cooked in a hot oven. Tia, however, still maintains the creepy-crawly is the real deal, and warns others against ordering from the pizza joint. (Elite Daily)
With all due respect to Phoenix, it's not exactly famous for being the home of gourmet food. So this is CRAZY right here.
According to a new survey by "Travel and Leisure", Phoenix is the city with America's FAVORITE PIZZA. Chicago came in fourth, and New York City was only sixth.
So how did that happen?
"Travel and Leisure"wrote that Phoenix, quote, "offers a slice for every pizza preference . . . classic thin crusts, award-winning margheritas, gourmet Neapolitan, wood-fired pies, traditional deep dishes, and drive-thru pizza by the slice."
The rest of the top 10 best pizza cities in America are: Detroit . . . Buffalo, New York . . . Chicago . . . Providence, Rhode Island . . . New York City . . . Madison, Wisconsin . . . Wilmington, North Carolina . . . Philadelphia . . . and Knoxville, Tennessee.
(Travel and Leisure)
(By the way . . . today is National Pizza Day. And in other pizza news, you can now create a WEDDING REGISTRY at Domino's Pizza. Check it out at DominosWeddingRegistry.com.)
You'd like to think that if you marry someone, they'd be willing to take a bullet for you. Or, at the VERY least, they'd be willing to lie to someone conducting a survey and SAY they'd take a bullet for you.
But according to a new survey, 7% of husbands and 6% of wives admit they would NOT risk their own life by jumping in front of their spouse if someone was pointing a gun at them.
It also found that 5% of men and 3% of women wouldn't try to save their spouse if they were drowning.
So if we're that COLD with our husbands and wives, we've got to be WAY colder to strangers, right?
The survey found about 19% of people wouldn't intervene at all if a stranger was being held at gunpoint or drowning . . . even if that stranger was a KID.
Dorothy was SOOO good to the Munchkins in "The Wizard of Oz" . . . you know, killing those two wicked witches and all. But in real life, the Munchkins weren't so good to JUDY GARLAND.
Judy's third husband Sid Luft wrote a memoir about her after they divorced in 1965, but he never finished it. He died in 2005, someone found it in his archives, and it's finally coming out on March 1st under the title, "Judy and I: My Life with Judy Garland".
In the book, Sid says the Munchkins totally GROPED her . . . which is even worse than it already sounds because she was only 16 at the time.
Sid says, quote, "They thought they could get away with anything because they were so small. They would make Judy's life miserable on set by putting their hands under her dress. The men were 40 or more years old."
Judy never talked about being molested, but in an interview a few years before her death, she did say, quote, "They were little drunks . . . They got smashed every night, and they picked them up in butterfly nets."
Judy and Sid were married from 1952 to 1965. She would go on to marry two more times, for a total of FIVE, before her death from a drug overdose in 1969. She was only 47. (The Sun)
LADY GAGA started the Super Bowl halftime show by singing verses from "God Bless America" and "This Land Is Your Land" surrounded by drones on the ROOF of Houston's NRG Stadium.
And then it LOOKED like she JUMPED down from hundreds of feet in the air . . . suspended by only a few cables. But there was some Hollywood magic involved.
As it turns out, the part where she's on the roof was pre-taped . . . and during the intro, she was actually suspended, in the dark, about halfway between the roof and the stage, which is still really high up. Then, after she was shown jumping, a spotlight picked her up where she was suspended, and followed her down.
Someone involved in the production says they HAD to do it that way . . . because there were too many logistical issues, like weather, to do the entire jump live.
The person also said, quote, "[We] felt this would be best to be filmed. [She] WAS on the roof when this was filmed, and from a logistics and creative perspective, it's a bit hard for her to go from the roof all the way down to the floor of the stadium."
(Revisit her halftime show here. And here's a cell phone video from inside the stadium. Live or not, give her credit for going on the roof and doing the cable stuff . . . without a stunt double. Not many performers would do it.)
(By the way, PINK has heard people saying that Gaga ripped off her "flying" act . . . but she loved the show, and that there's NO controversy.)
After last night's Super Bowl, we ventured out into the Internet in search of some trivia and interesting facts on Super Bowl 51. Here's what we came up with:
1. Elias Sports Bureau reports that 24 new Super Bowl records were set, and another 7 were tied. The new ones include a lot of career marks for Tom Brady, which isn't surprising since he's been in more Super Bowls than any player in history, and he's been successful . . . winning FIVE of them.
Brady also set new single game records for most passes in a Super Bowl, most completions, and most passing yards. James White has the new mark for most receptions in a game, and he also scored the most points, with 20. That's six for each of his three touchdowns, plus his two-point conversion.
New England now has the most Super Bowl appearances in history with nine . . . they have the record for largest deficit overcome with their 25-point comeback . . . and they have the most first downs in a Super Bowl with 37.
2. When the Patriots trailed 28-to-3 in the third quarter, it was easy to write them off. In fact, even AFTER the Patriots scored their first touchdown to cut it to 28-to-9, the Falcons' win probability was still 98.9%.
The percentage was even crazier at 99.6% after New England cut it to 28-to-12, because by that point there was only 9 minutes and 44 seconds left in the fourth.
3. Brady now has 15 touchdown passes in his Super Bowl career. Since he was drafted in the SIXTH round back in 2000, there have been 45 quarterbacks taken in the FIRST round. And they have COMBINED for 15 touchdown passes in the Super Bowl.
4. If they gave a runner-up medal with the MVP, it would've went to running back James White, who became the first person in Super Bowl history to have at least 10 catches, 100 receiving yards, and two rushing TDs.
5. One record that Brady HASN'T set yet is being the oldest quarterback to win a Super Bowl. He was 39 years and 186 days old yesterday. But Peyton Manning was 39 years and 320 days old when he won last year.
6. Scratch that . . . there are at least two records that Brady doesn't have. He passed for 466 yards last night, which is a record for the Super Bowl, but it's tied for the SECOND MOST in postseason games overall. Believe it or not, the record-holder is a CLEVELAND BROWN. (???) Bernie Kosar threw for 489 yards in a divisional playoff game back in 1986.
7. Yesterday was Brady and Belichick's 25th postseason win as a quarterback and head coach combo. That's 10 more than any other QB / head coach combo.
8. Before the Patriots' improbable comeback, the defining moment was when the Falcons intercepted Brady in the second quarter, and ran it back for a touchdown to make it 21-0. At that point, teams were 12-0 in the Super Bowl when they'd returned an interception for a touchdown. Now, they're 12-1.
9. The Falcons led for 41 minutes, 18 seconds of game time. The Patriots didn't lead until they won it in overtime. When the Patriots were down by 25, it was their largest deficit since trailing the Kansas City Chiefs by 34 in Week 4 of 2014. Before yesterday, the largest comeback in Super Bowl history was 10 points.
10. On top of that, the Patriots were down 19 points at the start of the fourth. Throughout NFL playoff history . . . not just the Super Bowl . . . teams up by 19 or more points heading into the fourth were 93-0. 93-0! Now they're 93-1.
Americans will spend more than $3 BILLION on food and drinks for the Super Bowl on Sunday. Here are five tips to help you save money if you're hosting a party for the Big Game this weekend . . .
1. Make it a potluck or BYOB. It's not only a great way to save money, it also helps you get a wider variety of food and drinks at the party.
2. Look for sales. Rather than planning your menu and then looking in grocery store ads to see which items on your list are on sale, plan your entire menu based on what's discounted.
3. Buy in bulk. Warehouse stores like Costco are a great place to pick up things like burger patties, hot dogs, buns, chips, and especially alcohol.
4. Use a slow cooker. It allows you to buy tougher, cheaper cuts of meat that will soften as they cook slowly over several hours. A big pot of chili would only cost you a few bucks, but it'll make enough servings to last most of the game.
5. Go for homemade snacks over prepared food. It's EASIER to buy sandwich and veggie platters from the grocery store . . . but that convenience comes at a price. A pre-made platter can end up costing you two or three times as much as making it yourself.
A day after DONALD TRUMP used a Black History Month event to continue his war with the media, he was at the National Prayer Breakfast taking shots at ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER's "Celebrity Apprentice" ratings.
He said, quote, "They hired a big movie star, Arnold Schwarzenegger, to take my place, and we know how that turned out.
"The ratings went right down the tubes. It's been a total disaster . . . and I want to just pray for Arnold, if we can, for those ratings."
Arnold's rep fired off this response . . . quote, "Arnold is praying that President Trump can start improving his own approval ratings, which were the worst in history for an incoming president, by taking his job seriously and working inclusively."
And then Arnold himself posted a video, saying, quote, "Hey, Donald, I have a great idea. Why don't we switch jobs? You take over TV, because you're such an expert in ratings, and I take over your job. Then people can finally sleep comfortably again."
ASIA singer JOHN WETTON died in his sleep yesterday after a battle with colon cancer. He was 67.
John was known for more than just Asia. His first big break came when Robert Fripp juggled the lineup of King Crimson back in 1972. He became the group's fourth singer and bass player.
The original singer Greg Lake, died two months ago.
From there, John spent some time touring with Roxy Music . . . and did a couple albums with Uriah Heep . . . before doing some of his own solo stuff.
He founded the pro-rock "supergroup" Asia in 1981 . . . along with guitarist Steve Howe of Yes, keyboardist Geoff Downes of Yes and The Buggles, and drummer Carl Palmer of Emerson, Lake & Palmer.
He spent most of the next 10 years in the band, before leaving in the early '90s. The original line-up reunited in 2006, and John remained in the band until earlier this month when he announced he had to step away to undergo chemotherapy.
Downes posted a tribute on Facebook, as did Carl Palmer, who's now had to release tributes for John, Greg Lake, and Keith Emerson all within the past year.