The butt-dial seen round the world. Mark Ruffalo
accidentally left his phone streaming to Instagram Live
for an audience of 2,500 Tuesday night.
Not a big issue normally, but he happened to be sitting in the audience of the L.A. premiere of Thor: Ragnarok
’s next big superhero movie.
- Before the film started, he joined his Thor costar Jeff Goldblum onstage to greet fans. He used Instagram Live to show viewers at home how many Marvel fans had shown up to see the film. Then he put his phone in his pocket instead of cutting the stream.
- Security is so tight around these premieres, audience members are required to seal their phones in bag, but Ruffalo was obviously given the green light. The 10 minutes of audio that went live has since been removed from his Instagram story, but several fans recorded and reposted it via social media.
- The good news is, the buzz is very positive.
- The film adapts several storylines and introduces Tessa Thompson’s new superhero character, Valkyrie.
- Thor hits theaters November 2nd.