Frances McDormand won an Oscar for Best Actress, and then earned almost as much acclaim for her thank-you speech celebrating women. But post-victory, there was even more drama when someone mysteriously nabbed her statuette.
According to The New York Times, she “set [her Oscar] down and was chatting” when someone swiped her trophy.
- Reporter Cara Buckley hopped on the case and shared a photo of the suspect whom a photag tracked down. “Security at the Governors Ball are looking for this guy, who grabbed Frances McDormand’s Oscar and ran out with it,” she tweeted in the early hours of Monday alongside a photo of the suspect. “Wolfgang Puck’s photographer stopped him, got the Oscar back, and the guy disappeared back into the ball. Apparently Frances has said to let him go.”
- The statue was retrieved and returned. TMZ reports that Terry Bryant, 47, was arrested and booked on felony grand theft.
- Bryant seems to have a history of this. His Instagram feed includes a picture of him holding a statuette. It’s captioned: “I proclaim it in Jesus’s name. My SAG Award.” And in another post, “2018 SAG Awards. Thank you Lord God for your many blessing and favor.”
- He has also been pictured with an MTV popcorn trophy and an Oscar last year. He reportedly had a ticket to the Oscars.
- Shortly after the incident, a rep for McDormand said, “Fran and Oscar are happily reunited and are enjoying an In-N-Out burger together.”
CHECK IT OUT:
Read the Full Story: http://bit.ly/2FpQNh3
The Mystery of the Missing Statuette: