Someone posted a list online of Halloween rules they think everyone should follow. Do you think these five should be hard-and-fast rules? Or do some of them just suck the life out of Halloween?
1. Don’t guess what someone’s costume is unless you KNOW what it is. You might offend them. So if you’re not sure, just ask. Especially with kids.
2. Don’t bring bloody decorations into the office. If you decorate your desk, try to keep it fairly PG. Not everyone likes gore.
3. Don’t wear an offensive costume. Even if it’s a joke, it’s risky.
(“Good Housekeeping” recently posted a list of 15 costumes you should probably avoid.)
4. Remember, nothing is private anymore. So if you DO go with an offensive costume, you can’t act shocked when someone posts photos of it on Facebook.
5. Teach your kids to be polite trick-or-treaters. Make sure they say thank you every time . . . even if it’s candy they don’t like.
Originally posted on October 25th, 2018